Outline: Although your currency format and date format appear to be set correctly in Windows regional settings, your currency symbol or date format is shown wrongly in Probate Plus...
If you're using Windows 7 (or higher), the Windows "regional settings currency symbol" issue is described below. The default Windows locale (409) displays currency symbols differently in some applications. Setting the locale to 809 corrects this for English(UK) users.
- Warning : use of the Windows registry editor can cause damage to your operating system rendering it unbootable, please use with caution or under guidance of an IT professional.
- You will need to check the locale setting for the PC in question.
- The "Locale" needs to be set to "809" in registry key : "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International"
- Use the Windows registry editor, "regedit" to check and amend the current setting.
- Important : Ensure you log off then back on for Windows to apply the changes to your user profile.
Screenshot below :